A Day in the Life…

People have asked me “so what do you do in the day when Josh is in school?” No, I don’t watch TV all day. I decided to record my every movement yesterday. I caught a cold from Josh Tuesday and woke up Wednesday morning feeling like crap. While the day was a bit a-typical, it’s really not far off from a normal day. Remember, this is my normal life. Not exciting. At all. So here ya go…

  • 2:52am wake up w/ runny nose and full bladder
  • 2:55 cover up Josh then go downstairs for a drink and snack (applesauce), watch the ending of Garden State
  • 3:50 go back to sleep
  • 7:40 Josh wakes me up by whispering “Momma” at my bedside
  • 7:45 finally get up
  • 7:50 change Josh’s diaper & put new band-aids on his scratches, get him dressed
  • 8:10 get breakfast ready then take Josh downstairs to eat
  • 8:15 give him medicine while he’s eating then write a note to his teacher about his cold
  • 8:20 give him his inhaler treatment and put on his shoes
  • 8:25 say good-bye as Rusty loads Josh into car
  • 8:30 eat a bowl off cereal, watch CNN Headline News
  • 8:39 answered automated call from UPS wanting to pick up a package (that won’t be ready to send until Friday)
  • 8:40 call UPS to reschedule pick up
  • 8:48 lose patience w/ Indian customer service rep
  • 8:56 call Amazon.com customer service to talk to another Indian rep who speaks better English (who ultimately doesn’t solve my problem either)
  • 9:20 while on hold, I look for an image to create an Evite invitation
  • 9:28 call w/ Amazon.com ends, I resume creating my Evite
  • 9:55 talk to Rusty after finishing the invitation, check email
  • 10:10 go upstairs to nap
  • 11:45 wakeup
  • Noon check email while lunch cooks
  • 12:20 watch yesterday’s Oprah show while eating lunch (Asian chicken noodle soup, apple, slice of cake, OJ and iced-tea)
  • 1:10 text message w/ my mom while beginning to create an animated gif, and run dishwasher
  • 2:05 take short break to check email
  • 2:15 take a call from Fieldwork Dallas
  • 2:25 end call (I qualified to attend a research group for $65), continue working on animated gif
  • 2:55 give up trying to animate my gif, shut down computer
  • 3:00 go upstairs to get dressed, then leave to vote
  • 3:35 return home from voting, wait to leave with mother-in-law to pick up crib picking up around the house while I wait
  • 3:55 leave w/ mother-in-law
  • 5:25 get home minutes before Rusty & Josh (sans crib, SUV was too small), start prepping for dinner (Boboli pizza)
  • 5:55 prepare table for diner, serve Josh
  • 6:10 sit down to eat
  • 6:25 clean up dinner, take Josh upstairs for diaper change and shower
  • 6:30 Josh in shower, I get into pajamas
  • 6:37 Josh out of shower, Rusty gets him into diaper and pajamas while I continue to pick up downstairs
  • 6:40 sit w/ Josh who plays doctor w/ me and watches a little television, I give him his medicine and inhaler
  • 7:05 I lay down due to raging headache (sinus pressure?)
  • 8:15p wake up
  • 8:25 check email, begin work on animated gif again while Rusty sits outside Josh’s door
  • 8:30 catch Josh coming downstairs then sit by his door
  • 8:40 Rusty sits by Josh’s door while I return downstairs to work on gif
  • 9:36 finish working on animated gif (yay!!), brag to two friends online
  • 9:40 sign up for hosting play dates next spring, reply to a few emails
  • 10:10 watch more of 1408 w/ Rusty
  • 10:45 go upstairs for bed, read “In the Beginning Was the Command Line” for a few pages
  • 11:20 fall asleep
Follow up: I felt really bad this morning and slept in and did nothing all day long. Between headaches, sneezing, blowing my nose and taking two naps, my schedule was full.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious. funny, despite our different, you know, demographics and whatnot, the minutiae of our life are so similar. frustrating Indian support reps! dumb animated gifs! falling asleep when you'd rather be reading! and so forth.

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog