Yesterday was a pretty good day. I was busy from Tuesday night cleaning the house and making room for everyone until late Wednesday putting stuff away. I invited a group of moms to come to our house with their babies for a playday. I had six moms show up plus Melissa who is expecting. Josh had a pretty good time interacting with several of the other babies. A couple of babies tried out the Jumparoo but they didn't know how to jump. Josh demonstrated his jumping abilities but I guess that wasn't enough to teach the others.

I went to lunch today with Dorothy & Melissa. We went to Dream Cafe in Addison in the Village on the Parkway shopping center. I was surprised by how kid friendly it was (having a small playground area) and how healthy the menu was without being overly salady. I hate it when restaurants pack on salads to their menu to appear healthy. I had the Tuscan Salmon- salmon crusted with sun dried tomatoes, rice pilaf and fried zucchini. It was delicious! Their patio area was packed with patrons who opted to take advantage of the cool weather. The only gripe I had was the service. The waiter was slow to take our order, bring our dishes and present our bill. He didn't check on us after our meals were served but luckily our dishes arrived without incident and were very tasty!

Tomorrow is supposed to be action packed as well, but I'm sure if things will work out that way. Someone from the new moms group wantyed to organize a get-together at a pumpkin patch so we can take pictures of our babies in costumes. BUT over the past two weeks, the email thread of discussion attempting to organize this event has not materialized into any firm plans. I've emailed the lady wanting to organize this but she has not replied. I think the problem is that no one wants to make plans and invite others to join. Instead, it's turned into a discussion among many trying to decide when and where and how. If someone would just step up to the plate and make a decision and let others join or not, that would be better than this back and forth discussion. Maybe by tomorrow morning someone will have done that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Previous articles, in the OJR archives
Online agencies promise to help citizen photographers get paid | By Mark Glaser, October 11, 2005 * Three startups are trying to help amateur news photographers sell work to media outlets.
I was just searching blogs and found yours. I like it!

Sonny M.

If you have a moment, please visit my site on eliminate treating depression...I think you'll find it interesting. It pretty much covers eliminate treating depression related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I hate it when spammers hit blogs!

Sounds like you've discovered what my friends (who come from large families) call the Blob Effect: the difficulty of organizing any group event increases exponentially with the number of participants.

Hey, Southwest has just announced that they'll be serving Denver soon -- perhaps you can bring Josh out for a visit?

Hope the tyke is sleeping better/more.

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog