Our house getting painted today! I'm so excited to see what things will look like with our new colors. The fumes are a bit strong so I'm chillin' downstairs today. I'll take pictures when it's done for everyone to see on our online photo album.

My busiest week of the month is almost over- yay! It's been nice to be busy this week compared to some previous weeks. Here's a review my week:

  • Monday Josh ran away for an hour followed by a nice 2 hour power failure in my neighborhood
  • Tuesday was yoga and lunch with mom friends followed by prepping my lunch and breakfast for the morning
  • Wednesday I volunteered for the JBF Consignment Sale for 5 hours (throwing out my pelvic joint in the process)
  • Thursday I saw a chiropractor then shopped and volunteered another 5 hours at the consignment sale
  • Today the house gets painted upstairs while I catch up on email, phone calls, and other tasks
So back to the shopping. For any mom who hasn't gone to a consignment sale, an organized one I should add, she is missing out on good deals! I found some toys for Christmas, a Joovy stroller for $75 (which I need to clean up today), a glider with a nursing stool for $40, some Fall/Winter clothes for Josh, new shoes for Josh, baby clothes for Newby II, and a baby sling for $20. I won't say how much I spent but it was all way less than it would have been retail, especially the stroller, glider and baby sling. The only thing I'm still searching for is another baby monitor for the nursery. I plan to volunteer and shop Divine Consign next week in hopes of finding one. I saw several yesterday but not with two speakers.

There were tons of moms at the pre-sale. I heard that about half of the total sales are generated during the pre-sales. I got in on the first pre-sale since I volunteered to work 10 hours. The consignor pre-sale started at 6pm and when the moms filed in at 6:00pm, there was a slight breeze in the room of moms dashing around and rushing in. I expect Divine Consign to be bigger and busier based on how it was last year.

My birthday is next week. For the first time in years (or ever), it doesn't feel like such a big deal. I guess turning 31 isn't a big deal in of itself. Last year I dyed a streak of hair blue to mark my statement against feeling old. I don't feel old this year at all, though I do plan to turn the blue back to brown at month's end. I don't expect to have the time or energy to maintain the blue once Newby II is here.

Speaking of, he's awake now thumping around. My next midwife appointment is next week, the start of my 33rd week. This week I'm 32 weeks, the beginning of my eighth month. Two websites to check out for the expecting mom is i-am-pregnant.com and Storknet. According to these sites (collectively), he's sleeping 90-95% of the time, weighs at least 4 lbs. (my last ultrasound indicated 5.5 lbs.), has all five senses, toenails and hair are growing, and by next week the average weight gain for the mother is 22-28 lbs.

Heh.

Well, I've gained- lemme check real fast... - about 36 lbs. With Josh I gained about 50. So far I'm on a similar trend. Not that I care about numbers. I'll lose it all again in time. I eat healthy, stay moderately active and avoid junk foods. Ok, I avoid really junky junk foods! :-)

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog