Daytime naps for Josh is a mixed blessing I've learned. He needs the sleep because he's a growing, developing boy. But too much sleep in the day can lead to restless nights- like now. He's WIDE awake with a dry diaper and a full stomach. Swaddling, pacifying and rocking didn't work so I resigned to the kitchen where he can stretch out in his rocker and I can do something creative.

He went to the pediatrician's yesterday morning. He handled the appointment like a champ until he got his immunization shots. During the exam he was all smiles, drooling on the table, shifting his arms and legs around, making sounds. He didn't mind having his ears checked, eyes checked, being measured. Then the mean nurse with needles came in and priccked his thigh three times. First he sort of gasped. That's always the beginning of any super cry. His face turned red, his tongue curled back and after what seemed like forever he finally let out the most horrible scream. It almost brought me to tears too. He was really hurt and couldn't understand why anyone would do this to him. Poor guy. It took me five minutes to sooth him enough to get him into his car seat.

He slept all afternoon in 2-3 hour naps. I should have napped with him, but I was busy working on invitations instead (which are done!). I see lightening to the North and know we'll be getting some rain in the early morning. I hope I can get him to sleep again soon. Maybe a light storm will keep him asleep.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog