For some reason, I am cursed. Somehow I manage to get Josh to fall asleep on my shoulder, in my lap, on my chest, but as soon as I lay him down, he's awake. I've tried every trick. The rocking while laying down, the hand on the head for a moment longer, swaddling, pacifier, gentle movements. Usually these tactics don't work- or they work only for 15 minutes tops. To ensure he gets a good hour long nap, I either committ myself to holding him, driving around town on an errand, or just waiting until he's tired enough that eventually he takes to a nap.

Here's what bugs me. Rusty is a pro at putting him to sleep. He doesn't even try hard. A friend of mine also has a gift for putting him out cold just by holding him. You'd think I'd have it down pat by now since I'm with him day in and day out. Apparently I don't have the touch.

And right now? He's swaying to and fro in his swing all bundled up- mocking me with his wide blue eyes.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog