I've increasingly had trouble posting to my blog due to being busy. If Josh isn't commanding attention, it's planning a vacation or selling Mary Kay stuff online or cleaning messes. Here are a few highlights from this week...

Josh is developing so much in the last two weeks. He's beginning to grab onto small toys in front of him. I got him a Jumparoo this week which was wonderful in getting him to reach for things. He hasn't figured out how to jump yet though. He kind of wobbles with straight legs or picks up his feet and leans forward. This morning he was able to hold up his head pretty well during tummy time without complaining too much. I was so proud of him! I was getting worried he would take forever to arch properly. He’s also making new sounds like squeals when he’s happy or frustrated, he’ll vocalized during a yawn, and even laugh. Yes- Rusty got him to laugh this weekend for the first time. He does what we call “roller-coaster”. He’ll hold Josh with both hands and sway him back and forth like a pendulum on a grandfather-clock. Josh is also becoming a social baby. He responds well to new people and still thinks the baby in the mirror is alright.

Emily came to visit this weekend for a day. Josh had a great time playing with her, but was fussy this weekend. I think he got over-stimulated playing with people all the time. We invited a few people over to play mah-jong on Sunday night. That was so much fun. I wish I could play more. It’s not so much the game as the social element that I enjoy. I do enjoy the game, but I really enjoy playing my friends. I was goofy sleepy during the last two rounds. That’s where everything is funny and you can’t help but crack jokes at everything. It’s a contagious feeling.

Rusty and I survived an argument this weekend too. He’s been going to bed later than me (no surprise since I usually crash so early), sometimes until 1am or 2am. I’ve expressed that I wish he’d join me in bed because I tend feel lonely after several nights of sleeping alone half the night. Sometimes he falls asleep on the couch reading, but other times he just hangs out reading his books. I don’t expect him to go to bed with me at 10pm, but I do hate sleeping alone, especially when I don’t see him much in the evenings during the week. Anyway, I waited for him to come to bed Sunday night. At around 3am, I shoved his pillows off the bed and laid in the middle. I was so mad that he wasn’t coming to bed that I was going to keep him out. My anger simmered keeping me awake. Around 3:30am, he came to bed. I explained I was mad at him and he could go sleep some place else. He said he fell asleep, it wasn’t his fault, let’s have a truce until tomorrow. I relented and let him have room on the bed. After an hour of laying awake still mad, I turned on the light and began reading my magazine and letting him how pissed I was that at 4:30 I was still awake. We talked it through a bit that night and more the next day. I could have handled it better, but I was mad and feeling selfish. Our solution is that he’ll spend more time with me as I’m going to bed, both of us knowing he’s likely not to be tired yet and will go to bed later. I’ll feel less lonely and he won’t feel pressured to go to bed early or guilty for staying up real late.

Speaking of bed, I’m outta here!

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog