Yep, I'm now 29. My birthday was Sunday the 18th. I suppose I need to think about what crazy, reckless thing I need to do between now and next year. After 30, I can't be reckless anymore, per society norm. By 30, one is supposed to have a career lined up, a steady relationship (past or present, with/w.out kids), a direction in life, a place of their own, financial stability or savings. I have all those but a career, unless you count "at-home mom" as a temporary j.o.b. Looking at my social circle, most of my friends have all but one of these. A few lack several of these. That doesn't make them less responsible or immature, it just crushes my perception of what 30 means.

I have my first period since Josh was born while on vacation. It kinda of freaked me out at first. My first thought was what's wrong!? I even asked Rusty for a second opinion. Poor guy. The next morning I walked across the street to buy a small package of liners and some juice. I was under some impression that women don't menstruate when they are breastfeeding. Heh, guess that's false! It was delayed by four months. That means we could technically get pregnant again. How scary that'd be. To have a baby while raising one still in diapers. Not for me. Thanks, I'll wait.

Besides, you have to have a sex life to get pregnant and, well, we, uh, eh-hem, need to, yeah- find more time and energy. Nothing kills the moment like a crying baby. And nothing zaps energy like caring for a babe all day. By the end, such as now, all I want is some time to myself and a moment to prepare for the next day. It doesn't help that we keep filling our time on the weekends. And now a period to worry about every month.

Updates on Joshy: He's holding his head up 3 inches off the floor during tummy time and not complaining so much. He's starting to grow little blond hairs in on his head. He tracks objects with his eyes and head pretty well. He's drooling like a laborador (but no teething yet, thank God). He likes people and responds well to them. He has been known to laugh when he's really engaged. Whatever he grabs goes to the mouth. He loves to smile at his reflection in the mirror. He grabs his shirt, bid and pee-pee every opportunity he has. The grabbing pee-pee trick makes diaper changes challenging. I've had to strap his arms down just to finish.

Still no rolling over. He rolls to his side then kicks the floor to move himself around in circle, like one of the Three Stooges. I suspect he'll roll over properly by mid-October.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are too hard on yourself about being 30. You were (are) too serious in your twentys. Loosen up girl! For once, you owe it to youeself.
- someone who knew you once

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog