I have never really seen a sick dog. But yesterday, I was sick as a dog, as the expression goes. Sore throat, mucus, very high fever over 100 degrees, no energy. I was fortunate that Rusty stayed home from work to help out. Which was needed. I put Josh down for a nap at 3pm headed to nap too in my own bed. He slept until 4:30pm; then Rusty took care of his diaper, entertained him, tried to give him a bottle (which he refused) and it wasn’t until an hour later that I woke up groggy trying to “pull it together”. I fed Josh and thought about dinner. Rusty made soup so I decided to lay down until it was done cooking. Well, I didn’t budge until that night. Essentially from 6pm to 2:30am. I was too sick to care for Josh, and barely well enough to care for myself from 3pm onward. Then, to top it off, I dreamt about Muslims and Jews all night.


Don't you hate it when your dream turns into an infinate loop?

You obsess about something in your sleep even if you don’t want to and have exhausted all thought about the topic. I fed Josh at 2:30am taking time to read a short article in The Week (great magazine for the news oriented) about Muslims in Britain who essentially are against Holocaust Memorial Day because its exclusive to one type of people. They propose instead to make it Genocide Memorial Day and include other massacres such as the Rwanda Tutsis, Bosnia Muslims and 4,000 Palestinians. (The Boston Globe covers the story fairly well.) Reading this makes so angry at these people for even proposing this. Six million Jews exterminated over the course of several countries over several years, many of them tortured before being killed, deserve some decent recognition. A memorial to that single event in history that we hope to never repeat. Yes the genocide in Rwanda is tragic beyond words. It’s sickening what the Hutus did to their friends and neighbors during that revolt. But that atrocity deserves its own memorial in a place closer to home. The Bosnian Muslims- same thing. They need a memorial that keeps their spirit and culture alive through a memorial of their own. I believe what these British Muslims are trying to do is put down Jewish people and slight that genocide. That memorial is not about current events. It has nothing to do with issues over land and government today. For these Muslims to suggest otherwise only demonstrates to me their total lack of decency, ethics, morality and compassion. ANYWAY, I read the article, which ticked me off and led me into some strange dream logic where my sheets were in conflict because the top sheet was Jewish and the bottom sheet was Muslim and the two sheets kept needing to be separated. The blanket represented something else but that wasn’t what kept me up. The Muslim sheets were fighting with the Jew sheets. My brain would wander off into other topics momentarily then it always came back to a Muslim vs. Jew issue and my sheets. I’ll bet I was thrashing around in bed too. I should stick to lighter reading in the future, at least for the midnight feedings.

I went downtown to have lunch today with my two business partners (Melissa & Dorothy) and people we worked with from SAMCO. I miss working there. It was such a great environment to work in with smart people who all get along. Too bad things didn’t work out. I had some yummy salmon dish from the Zodiac Restaurant on the 6th floor of the downtown Neiman Marcus. Although every bite was extremely tasty, it was too short. I was done (without scarfing my meal mind you) and still hungry for more.

The rest of the day was the normal business of being an At-Home Mom. Housecleaning, running an errand, letting Josh nap (on my lap), cleaning & feeding baby. Rusty came home carrying a bouquet of flowers. That was such a nice surprise! We played role reversal this evening. He bathe Josh and put him into pajamas and played with him for an hour while I took out recyclables and relaxed on the computer.

Random thought- why do baby clothes manufacturers put pockets on infant clothes? I realize it’s novel and cute, but pockets that are functional is the most absurd thing ever. No baby under 6 months is coordinated enough to put something in a pocket. They barely know they have feet, much less object permanence inside their pants!

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog