Still not crawling. But I'm going to start baby proofing soon in anticipation. Joshua is rolling around and turning on his belly, but he isn't even trying to crawl yet. On the bed he'll do all sorts of inch worming, sticking the booty up, practice crawling- but on the floor- nothing! I am officially becoming impatient with this lack of mobility. I realize once he does crawl it's a whole new level of vigilence on my part, but it would be easier for him to entertain himself and easier for me to play with him. At nearly 8 months old I expected him to be crawling, dragging or scooting by now. I have become his personal taxi service instead. And maid. And chef. And teacher. And toy fetcher.

Rusty is trying to quit smoking again. I say again because he's tried about twenty times since I've known him. Some efforts were quite serious attempts, others were accidental like running out of smokes and seeing how long he can go without one. I detest smoking. I hate the smell it brings on the hands, clothes and air around smokers. I hate the bad breath. I hate the cost. I hate the habit forming behaviour it creates. I really hate kissing smokers. I'm not sure what I can do, if anything, to help, encourage or promote Rusty's efforts. I've tried every trick: nagging, teasing, complimenting, extra kissing, cheering, guilt trips, pouting, logic and reasoning, ignoring, boasting to friends, hiding lighters... Time will tell how long this effort lasts.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog