Revenge of the Rut

Before I head to bed, I thought I’d sneak in a quick post.

Today has been a good day overall for a Sunday. Only one thing frustrated me- Rusty’s ability to find leisure time. For the record, before I get started, he’s done nothing wrong at all and I don’t condemn his free moments used to play a game, read his books or watch a TV program. Everyone needs time to themselves to mentally relax and release stress. Especially him. He practically works two jobs- one at the office then as Dad at home.

My gripe is actually that of jealousy. I wish I could make more time for myself to care for myself than what I do. I spend my short extra moments cleaning up messes, making a meal, preparing for the next round of baby’s needs, or blogging. Keeping a journal (aka creative writing) has become my leisure thing for now because I can pause it whenever I need to and it’s never the same thing. And it's a therapeutic vehicle for relaxation and stress release.

My jealousy has motivated me to stop being frustrated and take revenge. I must revolt against being run over by a routine and lack of indulgence. I will get a pedicure this week for example. I will go shopping for a nice outfit to wear for Josh’s baptism. I will find a babysitter sometime this week to giv me a break. These are things that I enjoy doing. I’d like to do some painting, but that is a larger time commitment than I can afford. Maybe next week. I will prepare a nice dessert/snack for an upcoming pot-luck (because I enjoy making treats, not because I feel an obligation). I will avoid some of the nagging "I should do that" things until Rusty can watch Josh. Then I won't be rushed or sacrificing a would-be-leisure moment.

So there! Take that!

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog