Weight, Weight

So much for shopping with baby. He cried the whole time yesterday. Instead I waited until Rusty came home to watch Josh for a few hours so I could try again.

I hate this in-between size. I'm thing in the arms, neck and lower legs so people say, "Gosh you look great for just having a baby!" They assume I lost all this weight or something. Little do they know that I was a bit underweight prior to being pregnant then packed it on in the thighs and boobs. So just about everything I once wore is too tight. I have four skirts I rotate and a handful of shirts. And now that it's August and still 100 degrees outside, of course none of the stores carry shorts. It's stupid! They had them in March and April, when I didn't need them because it wasn't summer yet (and I happen to be big as a house). Now that it's the middle of summer, no one wants to sell them anymore. And they don't even have Fall stuff yet. Stores are just selling crap until Labor Day.



So I've got some baby weight to lose. I started out at 119 lbs. last year. Now I'm at 148 lbs. I'd like to get back to the 120's. I did some research on weight earlier this year. I was curious about where I was in relation to where I should be. There is no consistent message on what a tall, small frame should weigh, but most sites I found estimate my ideal weight to be, well, what it is now. For example...

This chart
says I'm right where I should be, in the 140's.
This calculator estimates my ideal weight at 142.
This page puts me between 156-171. That’s too much.
This chart places me between the 130’s - 150’s.

You may be thinking, “Hey, all these sources point to a normal weight, why bother losing weight?” If I could get on the lower end of normal, I'd be happier. What’s “normal” in these charts is a linear concept that doesn’t make sense to me. It assumes a taller person can, and should, weigh more. That’s ridiculous. Just because a person is tall does not mean they are amazon-sized and should be big all over. Not so. Not in my life anyway. So, 20 pounds is my goal.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog