It's funny how people can travel hundreds of miles only to get lost in the last stretch of their trip. My grandmother drove from Corpus Christi to Dallas. As soon as she passed downtown Dallas, all my directions that were so direct and well thought out were completely disregarded. She called for help, but it was soon apparent she was like a mouse in a maze. There was no reasoning to her driving around. She turned when I told her to pass. She went left when I said right (or straight). She entered highways no knowing what road it was, where it was going or how to get back. After 5 calls, several wrong turns, and much frustration for her (not me, I thought it was comical) I finally got her to park near a coffee shop. It was easier for me to meet her there then let her follow me to my home than try to direct her for another half hour.

Moral of the story: no amount of directions will help if you don't follow them.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog