I sent this letter to Mazda regarding my thoughts about their customer service- which is poor:

"Normally I don't bother complaining to companies because managers do not listen to customer feedback. I feel compelled to say something this time because it's difficult to ignore.

First, I love my Mazda car (Mazda 3- 5 door). I've had so many compliments and people ask me about how it handles, the mileage, if it's comfy. It holds everything I need, it handles wonderfully on the streets and I feel safe driving. I would recommend my car to anyone looking for a similar vehicle type- especially as an alternative to the huge SUV's and tanks on the road today.

That's where my love for Mazda ends. Our sales guy was the first and last great service we’ve received since buying our car last Fall. Customer service is crucial to keeping your drivers loyal, not only for repurchases but more importantly for word-of-mouth marketing. My former car was an Acura which offered terrific service, such as a rental during long repairs, a complimentary wash after service, extended service hours, weekend repairs, multiple service technicians to handle customers, a nice waiting room with cable, computer terminals with internet, and complimentary coffee, tea or sodas.

My dealership does not have a single one of the above mentioned perks. There are no rentals, no complimentary washes, no weekend hours, only two or three technicians that I’ve seen, and no waiting room except mingled in the sales area. I’ve received poor service from people over the phone as well. One lady was noticeably impatient with me when I inquired about my new license plate, as if I had interrupted her time by calling with a question. Another person sent me a letter requesting I mail back my registration sticker (because the dealership put the wrong year on my car) that had an incorrect number to call and was packed with grammatical errors. Finally, routine check ups are free with an extended warranty at other dealerships, but not with Mazda. It makes sense to make them free (at least initially) because that encourages your drivers to care for their cars. And if those vehicles last longer, they stay on the road, thus instilling confidence, loyalty and the perception of quality.

Perhaps it’s just my particular dealership that fails to impress me. Or, for all I know, it’s all of Mazda. After all, one could assume that my dealership is par for the company. I could drive 30 miles to the next nearest dealership, but even then, how do I know I’d get treated any better? My inference at this point is that Mazda does not value their drivers (read: customers, future sales and advocates), only its vehicles.

So Mr. Romano, Vice President of Marketing for Mazda North American Operations, what are your thoughts for improvement? Does Mazda see room for improvement, or is this “good enough”? Will Mazda compete with other car companies for service and dealership perks? Or will I be doomed to forever endorse the car and not the company?"


I doubt this letter will do anything, but at least I feel better getting it off my chest.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog