I got the back bumper fixed thanks to the kind parents of the guy who hit my car last week. The parents were very friendly. They offered me a drink, helped out with Josh when I needed an extra hand, paid for my gas, offered to replaced my crumpled license plate. Basically the repairman knocked my bumper back into place (it was protuding slightly on one side) and painted over the scratches. Overall, the repair was miniscule.

What was interesting was the relationship of the people involved. Jo-ann (the mother) married Robert (the father). His ex-wife's brother owned the repair shop. Apparently in the Dominican Republic it's not uncommon for exes to stay in the family. Jo-ann is close with her husband's ex-wife and the family's have merged. That's weird to me coming from a very vengeful and grudge holding culture. Not a single divorcee I kn0w is on any terms with their ex, except in the case of child custody. And to befriend the new wife is really weird.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog