Tetsuo (The Iron Man, 1989) is an effed up Japanese film. In a nutshell, it's about the "transformation of people into grotesque hybrids of flesh and metal". The use of over-exposed grainy black and white film style hides the cheap effects and costumes and lends a sense of stress during the many gruesome scenes. I can't quite figure out what the movie is supposed to be about. I'm not sure it has a plot really. Sound effects and flashback scenes plays an intregral part in making the film surreal.

I've never been stoned. I tried a couple times and it just wasn't for me. But for those of you who can or do, next time order up this movie. It will not let you down if you are already feeling a little whacky. P.S. If you have a problem with violence or feel squeemish watching sex in a movie, viewer beware. It's not totally graphic, but it is there.

0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive

Search This Blog